Want to organize in your community? Contact People4Posties and get in touch with your local postal defence group. You can work with a local group to help organize an event or start your own group if there isn’t one in your community yet. We’ll list events here as soon as local details are confirmed.
Here are a few things you can do:
- Sign the #StampOutSexism petition to demand pay equity for postal workers
- Print a sign to put in your window and share educational materials with your friends and neighbours.
- Contact your MP to ask for door-to-door mail delivery to be restored and for the creation of a public postal bank.
- Write a letter to the editor of your local paper.
- Read about the Delivering Community Power campaign to expand and improve postal services. If you’re part of an organization, get it to endorse the campaign and to join the People4Posties network.
- Contact People4Posties & get involved in the campaign. You can find a listing of local groups here or start your own.
You can also organize in your community:
- Engage in mass outreach in your community, including leafletting, canvassing, and/or a petition drive at a busy pedestrian hub. Organizing materials are available here.
- Organize a rally, protest, or creative action at a local MP’s office.